Memphis Tiger Spring Football Means Only Four Months to Kickoff! Beat Ole Miss!!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

New Title

After some thought and more in line with my semi-detachment from politics--not sports--and increasing emphasis on matters theological and literary, I decided to change my blog's name to what you see above. It's a way I can acknowledge both parts of my interests through a reference to the novel that accelerated my moving toward a full-time academic life. In reading Moby-Dick, a near-re-conversion experience took place and I've been "on the road to Galilee" ever since. My geographical reference comes from Mark's resurrection story as the young man in white tells the unnamed followers that the one they seek wants them to tell the (male) disciples to meet him in Galilee. The notion that as disciples, we're on the road still means a lot to me and Melville's novel is a primary way I grapple with what that "trip" and "road" mean.
Needless to say, however, I'll always be attune to sports, especially my belovedly frustrating Memphis Tigers (Joey Dorsey's mouth being the latest example) and the other teams that have captured my allegiance over the years. Nevertheless, where I feel my interests going are an intermixing and dialectical tension (unresolved) between theology and literature. I rather enjoy that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home